Noise control glasses reduce the entry of noise that threatens human health into the living space. The use of glass of different thicknesses in insulated glasses or the laminated glass of one of the glasses reduces the entry of noise into the interior. However, for a more effective sound insulation in environments with high noise levels, the use of acoustic laminated glass with noise canceling feature is needed.
The noise control performance of windows can be increased by using Acoustic Laminated Glass in insulated glass units. Glass thickness and combination should be chosen according to the type and severity of the noise. For effective noise insulation, not only in the glass, but also in the house; Similar precautions should be taken in separating elements such as walls, roofs and joinery.
Acoustic laminated glass is noise control glass. It is produced by combining two glass plates with a soundproofing polyvinyl butyral (PVB) layer. Thanks to PVB, acoustic laminated glasses dampen sound vibrations, so less sound transmission to the opposite side is provided. It has been specially developed to provide effective sound insulation in high-noise environments. While contributing to sound insulation and reducing noise transmissions, it also has the safety feature of Laminated Glass product. When used within the insulated glass unit, it can be easily combined with heat control and solar control measures, increasing the sound insulation performance.
It is formed by combining at least two or more glass plates by placing PVB between them. Afterwards, after being pressed and combined with preheating, the lamination process is completed by applying high pressure and temperature in the unit called autoclave. The main purpose of laminated glass is safety.
It is functional in terms of reducing the risk of injury in accidents, safety against impacts and theft prevention. It can also be supplied in colored form by combining different colored glasses. All forms of glass treatment should be applied before it becomes laminated. After lamination, only the edge can be processed.
Laminated glass is a great technology product designed to prevent accidents caused by people hitting extremely transparent and transparent glass products without seeing them. It is extremely safe against impacts. Since it has UV-proof properties, your curtains, armchairs, carpets, in short, none of your belongings will be affected by the sun and will not fade or fade.
Advantages of Noise Control Glass
- The quality of life of individuals is increased by reducing the outside noise level to a normal calm environment level.
- It contributes to reducing the harmful effects of noise on human health.
- It minimizes the risk of injury in accidents caused by people hitting the glass.
- It provides security against impacts that may come from outside. It prevents/delays entry in attacks and theft attempts made with tools such as stones and sticks.
- It prevents the transmission of ultraviolet (UV) rays by 97-99%, which is the cause of fading of the colors of goods and fabrics.
- It is also used in insulated glass units, providing safety, security and noise control as well as thermal insulation.
- Effective heat control is provided by Low-E coated acoustic laminated glasses.
Use of Noise Control Glass
- Anywhere where vehicle traffic, airplane, train noise and main street, highway side, vehicle and horn noise are intense,
- Events with high music atmosphere, concert areas,
- In meeting rooms,
- In translation booths,
- in office partitions,
- In factories,